December 22, 2012

Day Or Night

Preface
Day And Night Tag by Readigans. 
I had a good day in English, we finished our controlled assessment on AMND. I don't think much went wrong, but I could be mistaken. I might not have got a B- and I need a B (B's are good... it's my target so...)

The Questions
D: Do you read more in the morning or at night?
I want to say it depends on the season, because in Summer you could count a lot of time as the morning & not much as the night... Well, there is always AM/PM but I don't know... I do like reading in the morning, I am a morning person. But I often find time in different parts of the day, and this includes the evening. I do sleep from about 10pm-6am at least most nights, so my reading habits are not very nocturnal.
A: Are there any books that changed the way you thought about things?
Probably it's bad if books don't- I know books have different impacts, and I can often tell when a book will just fall out of my head soon, but I think I am quite 'bookish' because of books & I think that means my thoughts have been affected by them.
Y: YA or Not?
YA!

A: Are there characters that you honestly believe are real?
No. I don't believe they are. The closest I get is with my fictional boyfriends but even then... One can hope. If you believe in a multiverse where there are infinite parallel universes (have you heard of this theory?) & everything happens in one universe of the infinite number then... they are real & I am dating them. I like this theory quite a bit but obviously there would be bad elements if this theory was real.
N: Nobody touches my books or I don't mind loaning my books out?
Some people shouldn't touch my books, but I don't mind loaning my books out. I've lent them out before, and my Mum steals them. IRL, not many people borrow my books but it's not because I'm very defensive.
D: Do you ever smell your books?
EVER? Yes. Not much, and not just randomly. If I'm reading a book, sometimes you get a nice whiff & then PAUSE the reading.

N: Not everyone loves books...is this a positive or a negative?
There's a debate on what 'loving' is. I think it's sad when people don't have a chance to love books- like in the third world... That's a negative, not being literate. If by choice, circumstances or whatever. But if some people don't love books that's OK- they might be amazing & interested in something very important. Like what would happen if all farmers were book nerds? We'd have to eat books. Just sayin'.
I: I keep my books in the best condition or maybe not? Which are you?
I'd say best, most of my books have to be read a few times to get very battered. Hardcovers can withstand lots, whereas my paperbacks always end up looking 'read'. The corners get a bit bent even though I don't dog-ear & I sometimes realize I've been propping the book open too much & the spine has creases... Sorry :'( It doesn't happen much and more than half my books DON'T have spine lines so... We cool? It does bother me when books really aren't looked after.
G: Gosh I have to many books! True or False?
False. Every time. I have only got half-height bookshelves & I'd estimate less than five hundred on these. I've owned a lot of books, but there is limited storage... I guess it must be kinda true or I wouldn't have had to get a kindle...
H: Have you ever spilled or stained your books before with something, and if so how?
YES (no spillages)! Nothing that stands out but I do eat- not drink- while eating. Sometimes I've been reading & I realize I've eaten. Nothing ever remains on the book really, but I do have to brush off crumbs or squirted liquids (like from oranges, darn you). I'm not going to go through my books to look for stains, but I guess some of my books have been read during eating.
T: Toned or untoned while reading? . . or in other words. . .Do you read and workout at the same time?
We used to have a machine that was weird & you could read on it while walking, and you stayed in the same place just moving on the spot. I also have swum before & then got out read, then repeat the pattern (I do this on holidays especially). I wish books were waterproof & there was a way to swim/read. Two of my best things.
I don't do this on a regular basis, though, no.

No comments:

Looking for something?...

#TBR

#TBR
My favourite hashtag.