August 28, 2013

WWW (3 things Wednesday w/ review... [38])

Today, I'm also doing WoW @ Once Upon A Series- please check it out!

WWW Wednesday's is hosted by Should Be Reading.
We just answer the following three (3) questions…

What are you currently reading?

Third  I've read the previous book in the Sky Song Trilogy,

What did you recently finish reading?
(Obviously not all of the below were read this week, because I haven't blogged a lot in the last three weeks- less posts than the amount of books below which I've read- I decided to list all six read since 3 weeks ago today, the day a special Summer reading Challenge begun. One can read more about that here. Due to lack of blogging time & so forth, only the first three books' reviews have been posted so far- Outside's review was not posted separately here due to the negative rating*)




• What do you think you’ll read next?
Hopefully I'll like this as much as Red Rock and its 4*/5* predecessors (or should I say pre-reads?) & more than...

*I mentioned one of my recent reviews...
Outside:

Source: Received this for review.

Author: Shalini Boland
Recommended for: People who like surprises?

Rated: 1.5 stars.


Goodreads review continued here...
Excerpt of review: I must admit to expecting a little more. One thing that bugged me was how the book is told from Riley's perspective & Eleanor's. I was expecting to find out pretty soon how they were connected. Well, we found out so late in the novel & I felt disappointed; I didn't get why we'd needed to know about both of their lives. Every time it was exciting with Riley- BAM... You guessed it, Eleanor would suddenly appear. She seemed quite a flat character if I'm honest. 

3 comments:

Ink Pages and Words said...

I have never heard of The Sky Song Trilogy, The Diamond Thief, Outside or Red Rock. I will need to look them up. The cover for Red Rock looks so good. I love Harry Potter. I grew up reading those book and they will always be special to me. I saw Lockwood and Co at the bookshop but it seemed like it was aimed at middle grade, which I don't read a lot of. Thanks for stoping by my blog and happy reading.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the look of Cruel Summer and The Diamond Thief! I posted here: http://lipsyy.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/www-wednesday-10/

Anonymous said...

My sister is reading Cruel Summer next! Hope you enjoy, here's my link
http://bibliobeth.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/www-wednesday-15/

Looking for something?...

#TBR

#TBR
My favourite hashtag.