April 22, 2013

Book Blogger Confessions [#4] Blogging Longevity

Book Blogger Confessions returns... A week late Amy? Today isn't the 3rd Monday of the month. *shakes head* It's the... 4th! Gutted that I'm posting late, ain't ya?
Yeah... Who am I kidding? You book bloggers don't need my "confessions" about any topic really ;) But you're getting it! This week I wasn't opting out it because for me it’s been answered before and is sort of easy for me to say, honest! It’s just a week late because of other blogging events. Forgive me, blogging is a busy and not always organized thing. You know this... right?
Perhaps you'll join in one week then, or in the comments! Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions (politely) wherever, whenever. Monday's are best though ;)

Hosted by For What It's Worth and Midnyte Reader
How long do you see yourself blogging for? Do you think it's ok for a blog to evolve over time? For example: You may have started out as a book review blog but now your interest is in cooking as well. Do you incorporate that or start over?

You think I'd leave my blog EVER? Haha, no. I already said blogging is not always organized. How can I cope? Aargh! Especially with my blogger friends telling me about their Bookish OCD habits (3 blogs I follow posted this in the Rewind Top Ten Tuesday- yes, I do watch you meme :D) They don't help me in the slightest XD
Wait... off topic. Is Blogging FOREVER? No. That's why (organization). We’re not really scared about the internet disappearing... It can’t. It won’t abandon me. Like I won’t abandon you (even if you beg for me to, ha!)
I see myself blogging for... not really ‘about’ 253 days more. Not every day... I’ll give it up real soon if you even try & make me post that often. I will burn out. If I had to burn out from something I’d prefer it to be Twitter or Art or reading. Not blogging.
It’s not my fourth priority but it’s just not a long-term commitment. Believe me, just over 12 months isn’t a long time (it’s going to be longer). My blog won’t evolve as it’s spreading UKYA in 2013. Pretty specific, right? I am reviewing elsewhere- the blog shall be revealed officially in May (as in not on Twitter). I will read and review even it’s not here in 2014... Hopefully not just in 2014 but I can't really say. I aim to review others places & never leave my Goodreads/Twitter accounts to die. Dying accounts is NOT cool. Neither is blogs.
So... am I going to delete it? Nope.
It’ll be like an archive site probably ;) Or I’ll rename it. Who can tell? You can? The future is at your disposal? You're either the Doctor or Clara. Clara Who? The question.
By that I mean back to the confession. I'm really not doing well :/ I have little clue exactly but I am to NOT change my blog name or my blog specifications this year. If I leave you it won’t be long and it won’t be forever. So yes... I suppose one day I will start over. It’s not thanks to other interests (I am not good enough at Art to post it & you need a blog about Twitter? Uhh... no!)
So... books. I love ‘em. I need ‘em. I review ‘em.

Dear bookshelf AND kindle (now obviously- you know since Friday),
Til’ death do us part.
From Amy Bookworm

I'm done! Bye guys... For now *goes off to stalk blogs which I will do until 2113... just not 24/7*
How do you feel about a ghost haunting your blog? *wiggles eyebrows*

LINK UP if you haven't?:

8 comments:

Roberta R. said...

Since you were reviewing British books esclusively, due to your 2013 challenge, I have to admit I did wonder about your blog longevity :). Now I'm curious about your blog reveal in May!

I agree about burning out. One must definitely take it easy, since blogging is a hobby and it's supposed be fun after all. On the other hand, I tend to feel a little uncomfortable if I haven't been posting for more than a week. But I know I shouldn't :).

Midnyte Reader said...

I can't and won't post every day. Then it wouldn't be fun for me anymore. I have to post when I want to and sometimes it takes me a long time to read a book and I don't want to force myself to read faster anymore. I look forward to seeing what your blog will bring!

AwesomeAmy said...

@Roberta: Curiosity is healthy ;) I think you'll be interested to see I talked (in an interview) a little about the hobby that is blogging for me- I'll let you know Wed when it's up?. I went off tangent in that question (used to me doing that yet?)

@Midnyte Reader: Even though I only post 2-3x a week sometimes I think I have forced myself to read fast. Only slightly but it does change the reading experience being so aware of how far through you are & how long it's taking you. Pre-goodreads I never had this issue but I wouldn't go back. Also, thanks (:

Roberta R. said...

Curious again...this time about the interview ;).

Karen said...

I used to post everyday but I' so over that lol

Thanks for joining in the discussion :-)

Sunny @ A Sunny Spot said...

Hi Amy, sorry for just getting back to you now. I would love to do a button swap and I just put yours up. New follower via GFC and Bloglovin.

I love your blog. I've been blogging for just a little bit over a year now and by no means do I post everyday. Maybe 2-3x's a week. Because whilst I read and respond to comments everyday, I feel it would be too overwhelming to come up with a post everyday and I like to leave some time for comments to come in. :D

PS. Thanks for stopping by my blog x

Unknown said...

Ooo, a blog reveal. Those are always so cool to see.

Trish @ Between My Lines said...

Very mysterious! Good to have plans though and know where you are heading. :-)

Looking for something?...

#TBR

#TBR
My favourite hashtag.